For the second straight week the Brisbane Bandits took three of four games from the Melbourne Aces. What happened for the Bandits to move to the top of the pile and leave the Aces floundering in last position.
- The fielding for the Aces was horrible, letting through too many routine balls that should be outs.
- Some of the big names in the lineup are hitting, Harman and Deglan especially but Cozens isn’t as good as he should be.
- The starting pitching was solid all 4 games with the relieves being comfortable most of the time, only once did a reliever give up a big inning.
- the Brisbane Bandits executed well and manufactured their runs whereas Melbourne placed too big an emphasis on the long ball, which won’t help them win games.
- Johnny Field lived up to his name with some wonderful work in the field and with the bat. He’s already looking like a top acquisition for the Bandits.
- Logan Wade is running hot with the bat as well and some of these wonderful individual contributions are inspiring the team to get the results.
- Matt Timms finished off the Aces with two strike outs to snare the win for the Bandits on Saturday night, which changed the series.
- Tommy Thompson already looks frustrated. For the Aces to have success he is going to need to come out refreshed starting against the Blue Sox.
- The real test for the Bandits comes when they travel to Adelaide to take on a Bite outfit who should have taken their first ever series from the Heat.